Bath Philharmonia enhances the artistic life of communities in Bath & the South West through live orchestral music by:
* Performing concerts of outstanding artistic quality with soloists from a national and international platform.
* Broadening audiences by promoting the live orchestral experience to all members of our community.
* Enabling open access participation in live-music making through Music in Action performances and workshops.
* Furthering learning and professional development by working in collaboration with other music education providers.
* Programming a rich and diverse repertoire in innovative contexts.
Over the past 20 years, Bath Philharmonia has become one of the largest and most respected professional orchestras in the South West. Our vision is to make orchestral music of the highest quality accessible to our community and other communities in the South West. We aim to do this by programming a diverse range of concerts and events that are reflective of the demands and needs of our community in the 21st century. As a result of our continuing commitment to excellence, in addition to the orchestra's supportive and welcoming culture, Bath Phil has collaborated with some of the worlds finest musicians including Renee Fleming, Sir Willard White, Stephen Hough, Nicola Benedetti, Peter Donohoe, Benjamin Grovesnor, Sumi Jo, Tasmin Little, Jennifer Pike, Sophie Bevan and Paul McCreesh, many returning again and again.
We have performed at many festivals and venues throughout the South West including the Bath International Music Festival, Bath Mozartfest, Fishguard International Festival, Frome Festival, Beaminster Festival, Wiltshire Music Centre, Colston Hall, Cooper Hall and the Hall for Cornwall.
Our approach to repertoire is purposefully eclectic and inclusive ranging from our annual Christmas family productions to Britten Operas through to Korngold Concertos and onto contemporary international composition prizes in collaboration with Faber Publishing.
Bath Philharmonia has a developing discography of world premiere recordings including works by George Lloyd, Judith Bailey, Paul Carr and Steven Faux, with music by Paul Carr being Disc of the Month on Classic FM in 2011.
We are also passionate about people taking part in music making and our learning and participation team, Music in Action, has now an impressive portfolio, working with many schools, music hubs, festivals and venues throughout the South West.